FISHER COLLEGE OFFERS VETERANS PROGRAM TO ASSIST IN RE-ENTRY TO CIVILIAN LIFE AND THE WORKFORCE
Fisher College is proud to announce that they will offer a veterans program to assist veterans and current military members in re-entering civilian life and the workforce. The program will consist of five sessions. The first session is scheduled for Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 8:30am in the Trustees Reading Room (TRR) at 118 Beacon Street, Boston. For additional information or to RSVP for a veterans program session, contact Anne Grieves at email@example.com. This program is open to the public and free of charge.
Fisher College’s veterans program will consist of the following five sessions:
1. January 30, 2013: Open House - for veterans and current military members to connect with each other and Fisher College and to learn about upcoming workshops.
2. February 27, 2013: Overcoming Perceptions - a speaker will discuss transitioning to civilian life and utilizing helpful benefits available to veterans.
3. March 27, 2013: Creating and Updating Civilian Resumes and Learning Job Search Techniques - veterans will learn how to create and update their resumes and best practices for job searching in their desired fields.
4. April 24, 2013: Defining Your Financial Future - a speaker will discuss best financial practices for veterans.
5. May 8, 2013: Networking and Interviewing - veterans will have the opportunity to network and practice interviewing skills and techniques.
“We are excited to offer this new veterans program to our veteran and active duty students, as well as the public,” states Dr. Thomas M. McGovern, President of Fisher College. “Fisher College has seen great success with its Military to Management program, and takes pride in finding additional ways to help further the careers and futures of those who have worked hard to serve our country.”
About Fisher College
Fisher is an accredited four-year college located in Boston’s historic Back Bay with instructional site locations in Boston, Brockton, New Bedford, and North Attleborough. The College provides affordable, real-world educations that prepare students to achieve their career goals and compete in today’s challenging economy. Fisher College’s Division of Accelerated and Professional Studies offers a variety of online degree programs that provide flexible scheduling to busy students earning their degree. Fisher believes that college is more than just an education—it’s a life-changing experience. For over a century, Fisher has been changing lives by providing opportunities to students focused on the three most important aspects of a college experience: education, dedication, and life. Small classes deliver personalized educational instruction, and Fisher’s dedicated faculty, staff, and alumni work collaboratively to ensure students have the tools they need to succeed during college and through the college-to-career transition.
Fisher College’s “Military to Management” initiative proudly offers benefits and flexible degree options to veterans and active military personnel seeking higher education. For more information about Fisher College, please call 1-617-236-8800 or visit www.fisher.edu.