NEWBURY STREET BUSINESSES!
Let's do our part by following the suggestions below to keep Newbury Street SAFE & SECURE!
In an effort to increase security in and around your
place of business, the Boston Police Department would like to make you aware of a FREE service that is available
to both residential and commercial properties owners / tenants. Simply by contacting our district police station (D-4) and speaking with an officer assigned to the community service office (617-343-4457), you can schedule a security survey of your property. There are a few simple low cost steps that you can take on your own that can greatly increase the security of your business. The attached check
list will provide you with tips and safety measures that you can take which will immediately pay dividends.
The Boston Police Department strongly recommends that
you take the simple steps posted below to increase security. The community, both residential and commercial, is the eyes and ears of the police department. We need your help as our community partners to increase security and improve the quality of life in the neighborhood. Just as we assist with the forming of community watches by residents, we can also assist you with forming business watches. We are here to assist you in any way possible so please do not hesitate to contact us.
As always, calling 911 in a timely manner is essential. There are additional patrols walking the area during the holiday season as well. If there is any information
that you need, please do not hesitate to speak with those officers or contact our community service office at 617-343-4457.
The Boston Police D-4 Community Service Office has performed a Safety Survey of your property and observed the following deficiencies:
- Address not posted in rear of property
- Address not visible in rear of property
- (address #’s should be at least 6 inches in height and reflective)
- Insufficient Lighting in Front/Rear of property
- No lighting or wrong type of lighting (front/rear)
- (Install sealed and tamperproof lighting)
- Back Gate unlocked/no lock
- Tools/ladders unsecured on your property
- Door locks can be easily compromised (Front/Rear)
- Lack of peep hole
- HIGHLY RECOMMEND: Use lighting from Dusk to Dawn!
- Lack of Video surveillance both interior and/or exterior
- Lack of an alarm system
- Emergency contact information not available
- Please contact our Community Service Office for more information at 617-343-4457
- Safety Survey Service provided by the Boston Police Department
- D-4 Captain Paul M. Ivens, Commander District 4, 650 Harrison Ave.