5 Things: Cheap Classes, YMCA Signups and More
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Jan. 3.
1. Chilly: Today will be sunny but cold, with a high near 24 degrees and a low around 19, according to the National Weather Service. Wind chill values could drop as low as -2 degrees. The evening will be mostly cloudy.
2. $10 Class Samples: The Boston Center for Adult Education wants you to try one of their classes. They're offering over 30 classes at $10 per class through Friday. See what you like and learn something new.
3. Get fit: If your New Year’s resolution was to be healthier, the Charlestown YMCA is a great place to start. The Y is offering membership with no joiner fee through Jan. 31, including free zumba, yoga and pilates classes, access to all 13 Ys in the Greater Boston area and other benefits. A new slate of classes begins Jan. 6. Learn more and schedule a tour at ymcaboston.org/charlestown.
4. Email 101: Learn how to set up and use an email account in the Boston Public Library’s free “Using Your Gmail” series. The class is offered today at 2:30 p.m. in the Central Library’s Training Lab (700 Boylston St.).
5. Free art: Admission to the Institute of Contemporary Art/Boston is free to all ages every Thursday from 5-9 p.m. Check out their newest exhibit, "This Will Have Been: Art, Love and Politics in the 1980s,” up through March 3.
Got a Charlestown event coming up? Make sure it's on our calendar and send the link to email@example.com to be featured in one of our morning "5 Things You Should Know."