5 Things: Clothing Drive, Winter Alerts and More
Here are a few things happening in the neighborhood today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a partly sunny day with a high of 47 degrees. Here's hoping today's weather melts the rest of that snow!
2. Wednesday Concert Series: Did you get a new coat for Christmas? Why not donate the old one to a family in need? Drop off your gently used winter clothing to Dependable Cleaners this month. The company has teamed up with Friends of Boston's Homeless for their Warm Hands, Warn Hearts campaign.
3. Signup for Boston Alerts: With possible snow emergencies coming, it's a good time to make sure your updated contact information is registered with Alert Boston, the city's emergency notification system. Sign up to get emergency alerts on your phone, by email or text message.
4. ONEin3 Council: Mayor Thomas Menino is looking for new members for his ONEin3 Council. The council is open to civic-minded individuals ages 20-34 who want to collaborate on projects designed to engage Boston’s young adult population. Applications are being accepted for the 24-member council through Jan. 25. See here for more information.
5. Orange Line diversion: Buses will replace Orange Line trains between Sullivan Square and Oak Grove MBTA stations on Saturday, Jan. 12 through Sunday, Jan. 13. All shuttle bus stops are accessible for persons with disabilities. Normal Orange Line train service will resume on Monday.