Stories on the Greenway
Five things to know on Fri, July 20.
1. This might feel chilly: The National Weather Service predicts that today will be mostly sunny with a high of 77. Friday evening will be partly cloudy with a low of 61. Relief from the heat wave is here for now.
2. ReadBoston Story Hour on the Greenway: Come down to the Greenway for free stories and books for tots from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. This event is open to families and is a free of charge.
3. Art Moves At The Zoo: From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., come down to the Franklin Park Zoo for live music, dancing and performances from several local youth dance companies. There are dance workshops, puppet making and painting for all. Adult admission is $17. Children ages 2-12 admission is $14. Senior Admission is $11.00. Children ages 2 and under get in free.
4. Groovin’ To Motown: Four Corners Main Street invites you to the Groovin’ To Motown benefit at IBEW Local 103, 256 Freeport St.. Come dance, enjoy a few drinks and a nice meal. Admission is $50 and it goes from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m..
5. “Unstoppable Dance Music”: Orchestre Poly-Rythmo De Cotonou have been called “unstoppable dance music” by the New York Times. This legendary West African, founded in 1968, will be at the Brighton Music Hall. Admission is $25 and is for the 18+ crowd.