5 Things: Trivia, Orange Line Diversion and More
Deadlines, events and other items you should know about on Jan. 4.
1. Partly sunny: Today will be partly sunny and windy, with gusts up to 28 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. High: 38, Low: 24.
2. Trivia Night: Think you're so smart? Prove it at Trident Booksellers Trivia Night. The game starts at 8 p.m..
3. Orange Line diversion: Buses will replace Orange Line trains between Sullivan Square and Oak Grove MBTA stations on Saturday, Jan. 5 through Sunday, Jan. 6. All shuttle bus stops are accessible for persons with disabilities. Normal Orange Line train service will resume on Monday.
4. Tree pickup: This weekend is a good time to take down your Christmas tree, as the Boston Public Works Department will be collecting trees curbside from Jan. 7-18. Be sure to remove all ornaments, decorations and stands and place the tree on the curb by 7 a.m. on your recycling day. Do not put trees in plastic bags.
5. Night at the museum: MFA First Fridays are held on the first Friday of every month from 6-9:30 p.m. With the purchase of admission to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, 465 Huntington Ave. ($25 adult, $23 seniors), you can explore the exhibits, enjoy music, cash bars featuring signature cocktails and delicious tapas available for purchase. DJ Holtie will be featured on Jan. 4. This event is open to visitors ages 21 and up; purchase tickets in advance at mfa.org or at the door.