A Call to Help Local Businesses
Five Things you need to know today June 25.
1. Weather: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm today, with a high near 72. It will drop to about 59 at night, which is a nice reprieve from last weeks heat wave.
2. Keep those nominations coming: We all love local businesses, so why not nominate your favorites for our Best of Patch Readers' Choice?
3. Junes USES Walk Focuses on Greek South End: Chris Kostaras will share his memories of growing up in the South End when it was a predominantly Greek community, followed by a 45 minute walking tour and an optional dinner at the Red Fez. There is a limited attendance, so participants are asked to contact Allistair Mallillin at Amallillin@uses.org. This event starts at 6:00 p.m. at the Saint John the Baptist Hellenic Orthodox Church, 15 Union Park, Boston, MA.
4. Summer jobs: The city of Boston has helped place 9,400 students into Summer work, according to Mayor Thomas Menino's office. If you have a teenager at home looking for work, you can help place them with a participating employer on the Boston Summer Jobs website.
5. The War of 1812, 200 years later: The Massachusetts Historical Society's latest exhibit, "Mr. Madison's War," opened June 18. Check out the letters and artifacts from the time as you learn about the confusing, divisive issues that started the war and the bizarre circumstances that resolved the conflict.