Blessing of the Animals
Five things to know on Thu, May 3.
1. Cloudy with showers likely after 3 p.m., and high of 60. Patchy fog in the evening with a low around 51, and periods of drizzle after 5 a.m.
2. Cats, dogs, rabbits - birds, beats and critters are all welcome at Old South Church on Saturday at 10 a.m. for the seventh annual Blessing of the Animals, a service that celebrates the joy our pets bring us. Keep animals that bite sting or scratch contained, or bring a photo, stuffed animals, or even ashes of the deceased to be blessed.
3. The Walk for Hunger is also this weekend, and we'll be posting the street closings later today.
4. What's the best place in Back Bay to take your mom for Mother's Day? We've rounded up the specials in town - now vote on your favoirte.
5. MiniLuxe, a beauty salon on Newbury Street, just got a new CEO. She brings leadership and brand-building experience as the company plans to expand its franchise by opening two new locations in the Boston area.