Boston Marathon Runners Needed
And more to know today, Dec. 3.
1. Runners needed: Mass. Eye and Ear is looking for runners to join its 2013 Boston Marathon team. Team members will have access to an exclusive marathon training program, a heated indoor meeting facility with restrooms near the start line on race day, team events, and more. Since 2006, Team Eye and Ear has raised more than $1.8 million for research and patient care at Mass. Eye and Ear. In 2013, the 50 members of Team eye and Ear aim to raise $400,000. Learn more and apply today at MassEyeAndEar.org/marathon or call 617-573-6364.
2. Free Trojan giveaway: Today Trojan will "declare freedom and liberty of pleasure for all" by giving away a free Trojan Tri-Phoria ($39.99) or Trojan Pulse ($29.99) vibrator from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Cyclorama at the Boston Center for The Arts (539 Tremont St.) See here for more information.
3. Pop-up chocolate store: Purefections Chocolates, a local company specializing in handmade Belgian chocolate confections is holding a pop-up store event every Saturday and Sunday at 526 Tremont St. through Christmas. The shop will be open Saturdays from 12 to 5 and Sundays 11-4 through the holidays. See here for more details.
4. Let's review: Miss any stories in Back Bay Patch last week? Not to worry, you can catch up with our Week in Review.
5. Clear and crisp: It should be sunny with highs in the mid-50s but with a breeze that will make those temperatures feel like the upper 40s.
Engage with your neighbors on Back Bay Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.