Cape Cod Fish Share in the Back Bay
And more to know today, Jan. 30.
1. Fish share the Back Bay: Cape Cod Fish Share is starting Feb. 2 with pick-up locations at The Charles Street Market (Wednesdays from 4:30 -7:30 p.m.) and Bacco's Wine and Cheese (Tuesdays from 3:30 - 7 p.m.) People can anticipate the local favorites cod, monk, scallops, skate, grey sole, lobster, plus swordfish and tuna from the Atlantic long line fleet in the coming shares. See their site to sign up.
2. Saks purchases to help Esplanade: Throughout February, 5 percent of purchases using a Saks Fifth Avenue credit card can go back into improving the Esplanade. To do so, if you have a Saks card make sure to register it to start the program.
3. Teen jobs: As the City of Boston's teen employment program, the Boston Youth Fund, provides thousands of Boston teens between the ages of 15 and 17 with job opportunities during the summer months. They are holding a job fair Saturday, Feb. 16, from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Central Library in Copley Square Teen Room & Mezzanine Conference Room. More than 100 organizations will be present to talk to about summer job opportunities for Boston resident teens. Bringing a resume with you is recommended, but not required.
4. Core curriculum: At today's Boston City Council meeting City Councilors Tito Jackson and Felix Arroyo plan to call for a hearing to discuss inclusion of Latino and Asian/Pacific Islander history in Boston Public Schools high school core curriculum. Also, City Councilors John Connolly and Jackson are calling for a hearing to examine the inclusion of African-American history in the core curriculum for Boston Public School high school students. In City Hall at noon.
5. Springlike weather: In sharp contrast to the bitter cold of a few days ago, highs today will reach into the mid-50s. There's a decent chance of rain after 3 p.m. and winds will be brisk as well.