Celebrate Bastille Day With a Party in the Street
It's going to be a hot day with plenty of art work, stories for tots and a Bastille Day celebration all going on in town.
1. Scorcher: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day with a high of 91 degrees. The evening will cool down to 69 degrees and may cloud over.
2. Bastille Day 2012: Come celebrate Bastille Day at the French Cultural Center’s 37th Bastille Day Party. Live music, dancing, fine food and drinks in true French style. This event costs $35 and goes from 6-11 p.m. at The French Cultural Center, 53 Marlborough St.
3. Fitness Walking: Start the day on a healthy note! Meet up with friends at the Boston Langham Hotel for a group wallk around the Greenway at 7:45 a.m.. Open to all ages, and free of charge.
4. ReadBoston Story Hour on the Greenway: Come enjoy free stories for toddlers on the Greenway from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
5. The World According To Derrick: Performance Objects in Formation: The World According to Derrick is a collection of sculptures and photos mixed with live performances, sound, projection and other interactive elements. This event opens today at the Mills Gallery at the Boston Center for the Arts.