Five Things: Guac-mania hits the Back Bay
Plus, the farmer's market, free zumba and more...
1. Have trouble moderating your guacamole intake? Maybe you should check out a meeting of Guacaholics Anonymous... and there just happens to be one tonight from 6 to 8 p.m. at Poe's Kitchen at the Rattlesnake. The meeting is sponsored by Eat Boston, and rather than practicing abstinence, the event will provide guac-lovers with a fix from some of Boston's best guacamologists, including Zocalo, Ole, Temazcal Tequila Cantina, La Verdad, El Pelon, Papagayo and Anna's Taqueria. In addition to these guacamole geniuses, the Eat Boston team has selected a handful of amateur guacquistadors to join the ranks with their personal guacamole recipes. Order tickets here.
2. Free Community Zumba Classes tonight on the Esplanade at 6 p.m. - click the link for further details.
3. Wishing you ate more local food? Well, take advantage of the Farmer's Market in Copley today - and every Tuesday and Friday into the fall.
4. The final session of this year's One World: FREE Children's Summer Enrichment Program at the Christian Science Center's Mary Baker Eddy Library is tis morning at 10 a.m. Today's featured performer is Odaiko New England, a Japanese Taiko drum corps.
5. The temperature will only reach a high of 78 degrees today, but the humidity will fluctuate between 70 and 80 percent, making for another sticky one.