Boston Marathon Roundup
Five things to know on Tue, April 17.
1. Another beautiful day! Sunny with a high near 78. And most people will not be running 26.2 miles in it. The evening will be partly cloudy, with a low around 45.
2. Kenya's Sharon Cherop won the women's elite race with a time of 2:31:50. She was neck-to-neck with Jemima Jelagat Sumgong, but broke away as they turned onto Boylston Street.
3. In the men's elite race, Kenya's Wesley Korir won the title with a time of 2:12:40. Around Heartbreak Hill a spectator shouted to him he was in sixth place, and started picking off people one by one, surprising himself as the took the lead.
4. Nobody set a course record or had a personal best - and likely nobody was expecting to as temperatures soared in the upper 80's. We were live on the scene, and captured some fun moments both on and off the course. Check out the photo gallery of people beating the heat.
5. And of course, marathon attire is always an interesting topic. We saw some great outfits and creative accessories.