Five Things: Saudi Royal Family Spotted Shopping in Back Bay
Five things to know on Fri, Sept. 2.
1. Today will be sunny, with a high near 75, and a low around 59. We're on a roll.
2. Unconfirmed reports say the Saudi Royal Family was shopping in Back Bay on Thursday. The rumor is they stopped at the Ralph Lauren on Newbury, but a female employee there "could not provide that information." Regardless, there were a few limos parked on Newbury between Clarendon and Dartmouth around 5:30 p.m., and the family is known to come to Boston twice a year to shop.
3. Armed with rakes, shovels and bags for debris, seven teams of teenagers and young adults from local youth organizations are heading out to neighborhoods across the city, and will work through Monday to help clean up damage from Tropical Storm Irene. The teams were mobilized by the mayor, and will work with the Parks Department, Public Works, and other city agencies.
4. It's never too early to show your child a Downward Dog. “Karma Kids: Yoga for Toddlers" starts Sept. 13 at the Boston Center for Adult Education. The seven-class session uses stories, songs and fun postures. Namaste.
5. The 10-year anniversary of September 11th is around the corner. Here's a roundup of events and ceremonies happening around the city.