Five Things You Need to Know Today, Friday, September 7
Here are five things going on in and around town today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a partly sunny day with a high of 80 degrees. There is a slight chance of thunderstorms before 3 p.m. The evening will be partly cloudy with a low of 68 degrees.
2. Live Mocha: The Boston Public Library is offering a course on Live Mocha, the world’s largest online language learning community today from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
3. SIMPATICO: The Boston University Art Gallery at the Stone Gallery is hosting an exhibition of work by nine New York and Boston-based artists. You can see their work today from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4. Cask ‘n Flagon Says Goodbye (and Good Riddance) to former Red Sox Players with Jersey Trade-In: Toss out your Beckett, Crawford or Gonzalez jerseys at the Cask ‘n Flagon at their on-site jersey drop off to exchange for 50 percent off one item of Cask merchandise. The jerseys that are dropped off will then be donated to various non-profits in the Greater Los Angeles area. This free event starts at 4 p.m.
5. ICA First Fridays: Back to School: SOWA and the Institute of Contemporary Art team up for First Fridays with a gallery connection between the ICA and the galleries at 450 Harrison Street. This event begins at 5 p.n. and costs $15 for non-ICA members.