Free Bike Helmets Up for Grabs for Hubway Expansion
Five Things You Need To Know Today, August 8.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a warm, sunny day with a high of 87. The evening will cloud over and the temperatures will drop to 69 degrees.
2. MFA Outdoor Tour: Art Architecture and Gardens. Come take a half hour long walking tour of the MFA and the Fenway neoighborhood. Learn about the architecture, the out door works of art, the gardens and the Back Bay Fens. Tour is free with admission and leaves from the Sharf Visitor center at 11 a.m.
3. Jorge Arce Presents Arfo-Caribeno for Children: The Boston Public Library invites you to bring the kids down to the Rabb Lecture Hall from 10:30 to 11:20 a.m. to learn about the Caribbean culture and music for free.
4. Hubway Rolls in to Town: The Hubway Bicycle Share System has expanded into Cambridge and is continuing to expand to Somerville Brookline, Chinatown and Dorchester. The celebration is today from noon to 1 p.m. outside Au Bon Pain in Harvard Square. The first 30 people to sign up for a membership will get a free Bern helmet; everyone else at the party will get $10 off a Bern.
From noon to 1 p.m, Boston Bikes will also give away free helmets to the first 25 people using bikes or carrying a Hubway key at a new Boylston & Washington Street Station and a second giveaway will take place at the new South Bay Plaza Station in Dorchester at 4:30 p.m.
5. Mayor Menino’s Wednesday Night Concerts: Head down to City Hall Plaza at 7 p.m. to hear the United States Air Force Band of Liberty play for free.