Free Concert at the Hatch Shell
Five Things You Need To Know Today, Wednesday, August 15
1. Rain Headed This Way: The National Weather Service predicts a rainy day with a chance of thunderstorms after 10 a.m. and temperatures as high as 84 degrees. Showers will lessen as the evening progresses.
2. Landmark’s Festival at the Shell: The Longwood Symphony Orchestra will be performing for free at the Hatch Shell at 7 p.m. Conductor Matthew Aucoin will leads the LSO in an all-Mozart program, including three of Mozart's most beloved works: the Overture to Don Giovanni, Piano Concerto No. 21, and Symphony No. 41 ("Jupiter"). The rain location is at the Back Bay Events Center (180 Berkeley Street). See here for more information.
3. Mac Laptops for Beginners: Thinking about switching to a Mac? Today, there's a Basic instructions for Mac Laptop users class at 1:30 p.m. at the North End Branch of the BPL. You must have a Boston Public Library card with an account in good standing.
4. BPL Game Tournament: An Uno game challenge for kids will be held at the Central Branch of the BPL from 2 to 3 p.m. This event is free and the winner will be awarded a prize.
5. The Last Tenement Exhibition: Originally set up at the Old State House, this exhibit documents the history of the West End during the immigration era from 1850 to 1958 at the West End Museum.