Free MGH Talk on Behavior Tuesday
And more to know today, Feb. 4.
1. Free MGH lecture: Dr. Jordan Smoller, author of "The Other Side of Normal," will give a free talk on how biology is providing the clues to unlock the secrets of normal and abnormal behavior. The talk is at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the MGH Paul S. Russell, MD Museum of Medical History and Innovation.
2. Pan-Mass signups: Registration is now open for the Pan-Mass Challenge. Now in its 34th year, the annual cross-commonwealth bike-a-thon raises money for cancer research and treatment programs at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. There are routes for all age and skill level, ranging from 27 miles to 111 miles. For more information or to register, visit pmc.org.
3. School Proposals: The Boston Public Schools' External Advisory Committee is meeting tonight to discuss the three new school choice models that include everything from the creation of smaller zones to the abolition of the zones altogether. Attend the meeting from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Orchard Gardens K-8 School, (906 Albany St.)
4. Super Bowl: Just in case you didn't watch, the Baltimore Ravens won last night's Super Bowl 34-31.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly sunny day with a high of 34 degrees.