Five Things You Need to Know Today, Thursday, August 16
1. Just Like Yesterday: The National Weather Service predicts another stormy morning. Then it will be cloudy, becoming partly sunny with a high of 83. The evening will clear up and cool off to about 70.
2. Harborwalk Sounds: The ICA is hosting a free performance from Berklee College’s Holiday Mountain. Come check out the music and the art for free from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
3. Fisherman’s Feast Opening Ceremonies: The Madonna Del Soccorso Society will kick off the Fisherman’s Feast with a procession to Christopher Columbus Park to bless the waters at 7 p.m. At 8:30 p.m., The Madonna Del Soccorso Society will give out the Italian American of the Year Award at 285 North Street.
4. Veteran Leadership Dinner: The Volunteers of America Massachusetts is hosting their annual Veterans Leadership Dinner at IBEW Local 103, 256 Freeport St., Boston, MA 02122. Dinner and entertainment will be provided for guests as we take the time to honor our local heroes. Cost of admission is $65, all proceeds go to the Volunteers of America veterans program.
5. Gardner Museum After Hours: Head down to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum for live music and plenty of activities in the galleries from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Price of admission is $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and $5 for college students.