Hidden Gardens Tour in Beacon Hill Today
Five things to know on Thu, May 17.
1. A beautiful sunny and 71-degree today. The night will be clear, with a low around 49.
2. Venture over to Beacon Hill today for the neighborhood's signature Hidden Gardens tour which draws 3,00 visitors every year. From 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. the tour features 11 gardens, including the famous Sunflower Castle. Tickets are $40 tomorrow and can be bought at one of the three hosts booths (at Charles and Chestnut streets, Charles and Mt. Vernon street, and in the Church of the Advent, accessed from Mt. Vernon Street).
3. A talk by Walter Isaacson, the bestselling author of Steve Jobs, originally scheduled for Monday, May 21, at 6pm at the Boston Public Library has been postponed. The event will be rescheduled for the fall of 2012.
4. This is the last week to help a local band with a free gig, studio time and makeover. All they need is your vote. You vote by adding a comment to the post.
5. What's the best grocery store in Back Bay? We asked, now you answer. The winner will be highlighted on Friday after 9 a.m. when the poll closes.