Holiday Lights on Newbury Street
And more to know today, Oct. 24.
1. Lighting up Newbury Street: The Newbury Street League is gearing up to decorate Newbury Street with holiday lights and is asking the community to consider donating to the Holiday Lights Fund. "Newbury Street is Boston’s crown jewel and come the Holiday Season, it deserves to shimmer and shine like one!" the league wrote in an email. You can donate by using this form.
2. Arts After School at the Children’s Art Centre: Bring your child down to the Children’s Art Centre today from 2:30 to 6 p.m. for engaging visual arts, dramatic play and creative movements in a group.
3. StyleFixx 2012: Come by the Boston Center of the Arts today from 5 to 10 p.m. for StyleFixx 2012, a massive fashion and beauty event.
4. Find Your Military Ancestors: The Boston Public Library has partnered with the National Archives to offer digital war records from current conflicts all the way back to the Revolutionary War. This event is free and it begins at 6 p.m.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a mostly sunny day with highs in the upper 50s. The evening will cloud over and cool off to the upper 40s.