Hurricane Sandy: Back Bay Info Center
Help your neighbors by reporting downed branches, power outages and more. You can also upload photos of storm damage.
- October 28, 2012
As you send us messages through social media and email (firstname.lastname@example.org), we’ll make sure the information is added here. Check the comments section for updates.
If you notice wires down or a tree across the road, please alert authorities (call 911 if it's an emergency), and then let us know so we can spread the word quickly. You can comment right on this story to make sure readers know what’s going on in your neighborhood.
Back Bay Patch is all about connecting neighbors, so we hope you’ll find this information helpful it the storm gets bad. Stay safe Back Bay!
Some useful Boston phone numbers and links
- Emergencies: 911
- Flooding, downed trees and branches: 311
- Report power outage: Contact NSTAR at 800-592-2000 or online.
- Information from city: City website.
- Follow @NotifyBoston on Twitter for official updaes
- Sign up for official emergency alerts.
- Boston preparation measures and safety information.
- Find the emergency shelter closest to you, or use this list of emergency shelters.
- If you’re asked to evacuate, use one of the designated routes.
- View damage reports made with Citizens Connect.
- More important links to keep handy.