Christian Science Plaza Sites Get Developer
And more to know today, Jan 28.
1. Christian Science sites get developer: The First Church of Christ, Scientist, announced that it has selected Carpenter & Company, Inc. as the master developer for two development sites adjacent to the 14.8-acre Christian Science Plaza in Boston’s Back Bay. The parcels are part of the master plan designed to revitalize the plaza and enliven its open space. Read more about the announcment here.
2. Spanning the Charles: The West End Museum is hosting a free lecture tonight at 6 p.m., "X-ray Vision: Peering into the History of River Crossings Visible Today." Bill Kuttner, Senior Analyst at Central Transportation Planning Staff, will talk about fresh ways to look at today's structures, including what they reflect of a century of civil engineering practice and progress.
3. Accessible shows: Liberty Mutual Foundation has contributed $25,000 to the Boston Landmarks Orchestra for its Breaking Down Barriers initiative for people with disabilities during its 2013 summer season at the DCR’s Hatch Shell. Here's how it will help people with disabilities enjoy shows.
4. Let's Review: Missed any news in the Back Bay last week? See our Week in Review to get caught up.
5. Snow/rain mix: It should just break the freezing point late in the day today, but not before we get some late afternoon snow/wintry mix. Sounds like slush.