Labor Day Weekend Essentials: What's Open, What's Closed
What's open and what's closed in the Back Bay on Labor Day?
Need a cup of coffee, a quick meal or a last-minute gift this weekend, but don’t know what’s open? Here’s information on the city for Labor Day - Monday, Sep. 3.
- Municipal Offices: CLOSED (including City Hall, libraries, community centers and indoor pools)
- Pools: Clougherty & Mirabella open until 7:30PM
- Parking & Driving: Meters are FREE. Other parking rules remain in effect. The Transportation Department has issued a Traffic Advisory & Parking Restrictions related to Student Move-In.
- Trash & Recycling Collection: ONE Day late for remainder of week (except Boston Proper, Roxbury, Charlestown, and South Boston)
- Tow Lot: CLOSED Sunday - Monday
- Street Sweeping: No Monday daytime cleaning (overnight midnight - 7AM arterials on schedule).
- MBTA: Operating on a Sunday schedule. See www.mbta.com for details.
If you know of any other business' hours, please add them in the comments.