Lululemon Opening on Newbury
Five things to know on Fri, Dec. 23.
1. It's look like we'll have a slight chance of snow Friday night and Saturday morning, but with temps in upper 30's and 40's throughout the weekend, rain or slush might be more likely. Dreaming...of a white Christmas....
2. Lululemon, a high-end clothing store specializing in yoga and active wear, is opening a second location at 337 Newbury St. (by the Mass Ave. end.) The shop should be up and running by mid-March, and workers plan to establish a community connections in the neighborhood that will set it apart from the existing store in the Prudential Center. We'll have more on this after the holidays.
3. What happens when your Christmas tree is too small? Francine Crawford, our blogger from the Garden Club of the Back Bay, gives us a hilarious daily log of how she's handling her Charlie Brown Christmas.
4. Who and how much do you tip during the holidays? A recent article on CBS Boston suggests that you tip everyone from your newspaper delivery person to your dog groomer, but we want to know what you think. Have expectations for your cash gone out of control, or do you appreciate the opportunity to give a little extra? Let us know.
5. Be careful this holiday season, where there's a heightened risk of engaging in drinking and driving - especially on Christmas and New Year's Eve. State Police say in 2010, 59 people were killed in crashes that involved drivers with blood alcohol concentrations of .08 grams per deciliter or higher. Please, don't become a statistic.