Marathon Construction Starts Today
Five things to know on Tue, April 10.
1. There's a chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon, and it will be partly sunny with a high near 59. Clouds move in for the evening, with a low around 42.
2. Construction starts today along the Boston Marathon route. This means crowd control fencing will go up, and newspaper vending boxes must be removed. Click here for the route info.
3. Looking to calm your nerves a week before the big day? OMBE Integrative Health Center's Yoga for Runners class is from 5 - 6 p.m. It focuses on movement to increase flexibility, with attention to the legs, hips and core, bringing balance to your running routine.
4. With the Boston Marathon fresh in our minds, we're asking What's the best sports shop in Back Bay? Vote here in this week's Best of Patch Readers' Choice poll.
5. The West End Museum unveils a new exhibit, Vintage Costumes of Burlesque in partnership with The Great Burlesque Exposition. It commemorates Boston's burlesque era and “The Old Howard” through displays of vintage costumes, ephemera and memorabilia, and runs through May 12.