Meeting on Downtown Schools Tonight in the Back Bay
And more to know today, March 13.
1. Downtown schools meeting: The Neighborhood Association of the Back Bay will sponsor a public forum tonight with representatives from the Downtown Schools for Boston, who will speak about the need for new public schools serving downtown neighborhoods.
The forum will be held from 6:30-8 p.m. at the French Cultural Center, 53 Marlborough St. The meeting is open to the public and there is no charge. Parents and residents who founded the Downtown Schools for Boston group will present why they believe new public schools should be added to serve downtown neighborhoods. For more information, go to nabbonline.com or call the NABB office at 617-247-3961
2. Job search help: Neighbors helping Neighbors USA meets every Wednesday from 7-8:30 p.m. at Boston Public Library’s Central Branch (700 Boylston St.). The free, peer-led group helps individuals in their job search. Membership is open to anyone in career transition including unemployed or underemployed individuals and recent college graduates in the fields of business, nonprofit, and education, as well as individuals re-entering the job market, struggling small business owners and anyone looking for part-time or volunteer work.
3. Voter registration: The last day to register to vote or change one’s voting address or party affiliation for the April 30 primary is April 10. The Election Department is located in Room 241 of Boston City Hall and will be open until 8 p.m. that evening to accommodate prospective registrants and those wishing to make changes. Voters who have used absentee ballots in the past are reminded that a new application must be filled out each calendar year. Applications can be downloaded from the Election Department’s website, www.cityofboston.gov/elections.
4. Add your events: Do you have a great event coming up at your organization or business? If it's happening right here in Back Bay, add it to the Events Calendar! I feature great events every single day in the daily email update, on the homepage and on social media, so add yours to the mix and help get the word out to residents about what's happening in their neighborhood.Click here to add an event.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly sunny day with a high of 54 degrees.