MiniLuxe Candy O Polish Sales to Help Those Affected by Cancer
And more to know today, Jan. 29.
1. MiniLuxe fundraiser: From Sunday, Feb. 3 to Friday, Feb, 8 in Back Bay, one can buy a bottle of Candy O polish or get any Candy O colored nail service (manicure, pedicure, etc.) at MiniLuxe at 296 Newbury St. and a portion of the proceeds will go to benefit the Friends of Mel Foundation, designed to help those who have been affected by cancer.
2. Want to meet Jared Sullinger? Jared's hosting a clothing drive at Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries (1010 Harrison Ave.) in Boston this today from 5:30-7pm. Each donor will receive an autograph, a picture with Jared and will be entered into a drawing for a VIP experience at a Celtics game!
3. FAFSA help: If you missed FAFSA Day last Sunday, there are still a few opportunities to get help in Boston filing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Drop by uAspire at 31 St. James Ave., Suite 520, Boston today or Wednesday between 3 and 6 p.m. Enjoy free computer access and help with online filing. Walk-ins are welcome at both sessions. For more information, contact site coordinator Adam Reinke at 617-778-7195.
4. State of the City: Boston Mayor Thomas Menino will deliver his 20th “State of the City” public address tonight at 7 p.m. at Faneuil Hall. Watch it on television at 7:30 p.m. on WCVB Channel 5 (RCN and Comcast) and on NECN Channel 6 (Comcast).
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a cloudy day with a high of 39 degrees and freezing likely in the morning.