Return of the Swans
Five things to know on Tue, May 1.
1. Showers today, and patchy fog after noon, with a high near 52. The evening is more of the same, with a low around 45.
2. After wintering at the Franklin Park Zoo, swans Romeo and Juliet will make their annual return to the Public Garden lagoon today, following a parade that begins at 11:30 a.m. at the Beacon and Charles Street corner of the park near the Make Way for Ducklings statue.
“These beautiful birds are as important a part of Boston’s landscape as the historic Swan Boats that share the water with them," Mayor Menino said.
3. Occupy Boston has organized an Anti-Capitalist March from Copley Square to City Hall Plaza today at 11 a.m., which will end with a May Day rally at City Hall Plaza. There's other events planned around the city. See the schedule here.
4. Carmen Vanderheiden, who recently opened the tattoo removal parlor Tataway on Newbury Street, spoke with us about the latest trends (a lot of people are getting rid of their tramp stamps right now) and conveys a surprisingly emotional side of what it's like to erase some people's teenage mistakes. Plus, she has some pretty cool lasers.
5. Where's the best place to go for the Mother's Day brunch? We've put together some of the specials happening in the neighborhood. Now let us know which one you would take your mom to.