Take the Fenway Challenge
Five Things You Need To Know Today, July 31
1. Pleasant Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a mostly sunny Tuesday with a high near 78 degrees. The evening will cloud over and reach a low of 63 degrees.
2. Fitness Walking: Come down to the Greenway from 7:45 to 8:45 a.m. to walk around the Greenway with a group. Come get a breath of fresh air and a good start to the day. This event is free of charge.
3. NEMPAC Simmer Concert Series: The North End Music and Performing Arts Center presents Jazz and Soul with Sherri, Greg, Jeremy, Scott in the Paul Revere Mall at 6 p.m. for free.
4. BCYF RED SOX TALKS/FENWAY CHALLENGE: Come down to Moakley Park, South Boston, MA from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for a free skills competition in running, hitting and throwing for boys and girls ages 7-14. At the completion of the Fenway Challenge, members of the Red Sox organization will arrive and work one-on-one with each youth on batting and pitching before speaking with the crowd. Who comes down is a surprise, but it is usually a few players and some of the coaching staff.
5. Countdown to Kindergarten at the Children’s Museum: Bring your young ones to the model classroom to help prepare them for kindergarten at the Children’s Museum. This exhibit features a math and science area, dramatic play area, a reading and writing corner and a arts section all geared towards fostering a better start at formal education.