The Top 10 Stories in January on Back Bay Patch
Did you miss one of these Back Bay Patch stories last month?
The numbers are in, and these are the stories that people in the Back Bay and beyond looked at the most in January. If you missed one, remember that it's never to late to comment on any article!
1. Man Jumped off Mass. Ave Bridge on New Year's Eve: The Boston Fire Department has been searching the Charles River, but searches so far have been unsuccessful.
2. Officers Brawl With Suspect in Back Bay Bar: Officers took the suspect to the ground at this point, where a struggle ensued. Officers tried to get the suspect to place his hands behind his back, which the suspect violently resisted.
3. Police: Fight in Transportation Garage Results in Injury: Massachusetts State Police patrols responded to the Transportation Building garage in Boston early Sunday morning for a report of a large fight.
4. Search Unsuccessful for Man Who Jumped Off Mass. Ave. Bridge: After eight hours of searching, rescue teams called off their efforts to find the man who reportedly jumped off the Mass. Ave bridge early Tuesday morning and have started efforts to recover his body.
5. Man Stabbed on Boylston Street on New Year's Day: A man was left in critical condition after he was stabbed at a party on Boylston Street around 2:45 a.m. Tuesday morning.
6. Armed Robbery Reported on Newbury and Clarendon Street: There are reports of a robbery at Clarendon and Newbury Street. A 5’ 6’’ black male reportedly robbed the victim at gunpoint.
8. Woman Arrested Outside Apple Store with $2,000 in Stolen Merchandise: Boston Police said they caught Fenway resident Kathryn Jemmett with more than $2,000 of fraudulently purchased merchandise in front of the Back Bay retail store.
9. Menino: New Boston School System to Provide 'Quality School Closer to Home': Menino will file statewide legislation that could eliminate the cap on in-district charter schools.
10. Linsky Files Gun Violence Legislation: The bill looks to close loopholes in existing state laws, require mental health background checks, strengthen gun storage requirements and require liability insurance for gun owners.