Twelve Artists, Twelve Objects on Newbury Street
Five things to know today, Thu, July 19.
1. Less Brutal Weather: The National Weather Service predicts that today will be a less oppressive sunny day with a high of 83. The evening may cloud over and drop down to 63.
2. Twelve Artists, Twelve Objects: Twelve graduates from the Metals program from the State University of New York, New Paltz will be on display at the The Society of Arts and Crafts, 175 Newbury St.. This free exhibit will be on display from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Each artist has made twelve pieces to be exhibited. Come check out some amazing artwork.
3. Fiesta Sinfónica: The Boston landmarks Orchestra comes to the South End tonight for an evening of salsa and classical music. The free concert starts at 6:30 p.m..
4. Using the 1940 Census: The Natioanl Archive made many records available on April 2 for the first time. The Boston Public Library’s Central Library in Copley Square. This 2:30 p.m. class will provide basic instructions on how to search the data to find your family’s history.
5. Companion Animal Protection Society Cocktail Party at Fresh: Join CAPS for a cocktail party at Fresh Cosmetics at 121 Newbury Street. Come learn about the important work on behalf of pet shop and puppy mill dogs and cats. The cost is this event is a donation. It runs from 5 to 7 p.m.