Update: Fire Caused by Unattended Stove in Basement
Two people were rescued and a man on the third floor was taken to Tufts Medical Center for smoke inhalation.
Update: The fire was caused by an unattended stove in a basement studio apartment. Officials are looking into possible code violations.
Two people were rescued from a two-alarm fire that started in the basement of a four-story apartment building on 197 Marlborough Street.
Firefighters used ladders to pull a person on the second floor and a man on the third floor through the windows to safety. The third-floor man has been taken to Tufts Medical Center for smoke inhalation.
The call came in at 7:21 p.m. and the fire traveled from the basement to the upper floors. It's under control as of 8:35, and firefighters are working to put it out.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.