World Water Day at the State House
And more to know today, March 22.
1. Happy World Water Day: Did you know that only 2.5 percent of the Earth's water supply is freshwater, and that of that, only 1 percent is available for human use? This will be among the topics discussed today at theMassachusetts Water Forum at the State House today.
2. Rose Garden party: Tickets are now available for Boston’s Annual Rose Garden Party on June 13, from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Kelleher Rose Garden in the Back Bay Fens. All are welcome to support ParkARTS and be part of this gathering of over 250 guests surrounded by 1,000 rose bushes of more than 150 varieties. Tickets are tax deductible as allowed by law and available by calling (617) 635-4032 or online.
3. Beer festival: Drink Craft Beer Springfest focuses on New England-made beers that feature one of our favorite ingredients, hops! By attending, you’ll be able to sample 70+ beers from 25 of New England’s best craft brewers, each one of them bringing at least one hop-focused brew. See here for more.
4. Nominate a Business: Mayor Menino's annual Bike Friendly Business Awards are now open for nominations. These awards recognize companies that incorporate bike-friendly practices that encourage their employees or customers to ride their bikes. Gold, Silver and Bronze awards will be distributed at a special ceremony with Mayor Menino where the winner will receive a certificate and a “Bike Friendly Business” sticker to proudly display in their business. For the Bike Friendly Business Awards, please visit their website.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a partly sunny day with a high near 42 degrees.