Good morning, Back Bay! Here are five things you need to know today, Tuesday, Aug. 20:
1. POE STATUE: Boston’s Edward Ingersoll Browne Trust Fund has awarded a $75,000 grant to the Edgar Allan Poe Foundation of Boston to support the installation of a statue honoring Poe at the intersection of Charles Street South and Boylston Street. The foundation announced they are 3/4th of the way to raising the $200,000 needed for the statue.
2. FIND A FARMERS MARKET: Looking for a farmers market near Back Bay? We've got a cool new feature where you can find it here.
3. GET THE PATCH NEWSLETTER: Have you signed up for the Back Bay Patch Daily Newsletter yet? Each morning you can get Back Bay Patch news delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. It's totally free, so if you like what you read here, sign up now!
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: On this day in 1911, a dispatcher in the New York Times office sends the first telegram around the world via commercial service. Exactly 66 years later, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) sends a different kind of message--a phonograph record containing information about Earth for extraterrestrial beings--shooting into space aboard the unmanned spacecraft Voyager II. Information courtesy of History.com.
5. TODAY'S FORECAST: Sunny with a high of 87. Low of 65 tonight.