1. Book Fair: The 36th Boston International Antiquarian Book Fair is returning to the Hynes Convention Center this weekend. More than 120 dealers wil exhibit and sell rare, collectible and antiquarian books, illuminated manuscripts, autographs, maps, atlases, photographs, modern first editions, and a plethora of other literary ephemera.
2. Boston's West End: Moving Forward, Looking Back: Presented by Wentworth Institute of Technology in partnership with the West End Museum, this exhibit questions how to move an urban area into the future without destroying the roots of the community as it considers a wide range of topics central to Boston’s present-day and old West End. The exhibit is open various hours on weekdays and weekends. See here for more information.
3. Performance at Beehive: Tonight, the classic sounds of legendary musician Thelonious Monk will fill The Beehive Restaurant (541 Tremont St.) with a performance headed by famed pianist Tim Ray. The music selection of the evening will pay homage to Monk, one of the giants of jazz-- his playing was unique, idiosyncratic, percussive, and his compositions angular and innovative. See here for more details.
4. Garlands and Green: Enjoy a night of Jazz-infused holiday songs and more at the annual Garlands and Greens holiday gathering. The Hampshire house party costs $35 at the door, and the money goes toward holday decorating around Beacon Hill. Doors open at 6 p.m.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a sunny day with a high near 46 degrees. The evening will cool down to about 33 degrees.