Eight Back Bay businesses were named among Boston's best last week in a magazine ranking.
In its first annual "Boston's Best Businesses" list, which honors innovative small businesses and individuals making positive impacts on the community, Boston magazine recognized the following Back Bay people and companies, as chosen by a committee of their peers:
- Brittany Bang, Owner of Audrey’s Pet Supply & Services
- Colin Angle, Chairman of the Board, CEO and Co-Founder of iRobot
- Donald Gregorio, Executive Assistant of Jack Morton Worldwide
- Dr. Elsie Levin, Founder of Boston Breast Diagnostic Center
- Holly Safford, Founder of The Catered Affair
- Joan Wallace-Benjamin, PhD, President and CEO of The Home For Little Wanderers
- Linda Driscoll, Founder of Dream Big!
- Roger Berkowitz, President/CEO of Legal Sea Foods
- Susan and Stephen Howell, Co-Founders of Howell Custom Building Group
- Vince Pan, Founder of Analogue Studio
The Grand Prize Winner, Dr. Elsie Levin, was awarded a year of travel for two on JetBlue; and First Prize winners, Susan and Stephen Howell, were awarded a 1979 vintage Mercedes Roadster courtesy of European Auto Solutions.
"Whether it's a new technology, a company’s charitable-giving initiatives or an individual who has changed the way and industry does business in Boston, we are proud to celebrate the leaders at the forefront of it all," Boston magazine CEO Rick Waechter said. "This is our way of championing Boston's Best Businesses and honoring those making an overwhelming impact in our community."