1. Sunny: Today will be sunny and windy, with gusts up to 25 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. High: 47, Low: 28.
2. Email 101: Continue your education about using the free web-based email service Gmail during a workshop today at 2:30 p.m. at Boston Public Library’s Central Library, 700 Boylston St. Today’s session will review how to recognize and deal with spam as well as how to create an email address book and how to search your Gmail account. This free program will be held in the library’s Training Lab.
3. Ice skating: The Boston Common Frog Pond is open daily for public ice skating throughout the season. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Mondays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sundays. Admission is $5 for ages 14 and up and free for ages 13 and under. Skate rentals cost $5 for kids and $9 for adults.
4. No Pants Subway Ride: The annual day when thousands of people in Boston will collectively ride the MBTA with no pants is approaching, so either mark your calendar for Jan. 13 to don your best undies and join in, or avoid the T altogether that day. Visit the group’s Facebook page for more information.
5. Boys and Girls Club fundraiser: The Charlestown Boys and Girls Club swim team is hosting a fundraiser to help send 11 kids to the National Swimming Championships in St. Petersburg, FL. The fundraiser will be held on Saturday, Jan. 12 from 5-8 p.m. at Warren Tavern. The event will feature raffles and other fun activities.