1. Berklee represented: The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences nominated 16 Berklee alumni and faculty for a total of 24 Grammy Awards. For the second year in a row, Berklee alumni are represented in the top three categories (Record, Album, and Song of the Year). The 55th Annual Grammy Awards will be held on Sunday, Feb. 10, and will be broadcast on CBS at 8 p.m.
2. Newtown condolences: The U.S. Postal Service has established a unique Post Office Box to allow the public to send condolences to those affected by the tragedy in Newtown, CT last week. Those who wish to send expressions of comfort should address them to:
Messages of Condolence for Newtown
P.O. Box 3700
Newtown, CT 06470
3. Postal service deadlines: Need to get something in the mail by Christmas? The U.S. Postal Service has noted that this Thursday, Dec. 20 is the last day to mail something using First-Class Mail Service if you want to guarantee a holiday arrival. Friday, Dec. 21 is the deadline to mail anything with Priority Mail Service, and Saturday, Dec. 22 is the deadline for Express Mail Service.
4. Runners wanted: The American Liver Foundation still has spots available on their 2013 Run for Research Boston Marathon team. It’s challenging to qualify for the Boston Marathon, and charity spots go quickly. The Run for Research Team is dedicated to raising funds and awareness for the American Liver Foundation. Join online at liverteam.org, or contact Lauren Gainor at email@example.com or 617-527-5600.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a partly sunny day with a high near 46. The evening will cloud over and drop to 32.