1. Today will be mostly cloudy, but the sun will peek out in the afternoon with a high near 55. The evening brings showers, and a low around 42.
2. The Boston City Council holds their regular meeting today at noon at City Hall. Agenda items include an ordinance amending the City Council electoral districts, and an order for a hearing to improve pedestrian safety, which Councilor O'Malley brought up last week. Read the full agenda.
3. A man was robbed while camping out in front of Niketown Saturday night, waiting for new Air Jordan sneakers that were released Sunday morning. Two people were also arrested for shoplifting at Saks and Sephora. Check out the police logs.
4. Should Manny Ramirez return to baseball? The former Red Sox slugger just signed with the Oakland A's, despite leaving baseball under dubious circumstances. Do you think he should be allowed back? Take our poll!
5. The Norman B. Leventhal Center has two exhibitions on display through March 12 in their new space at the Central Library in Copley Square:
- Unconventional Maps: Exploring the Stories of Cartographic Curiosities, an exhibition of 25 maps and atlases highlights a variety of unconventional maps spanning the history of the printed map.
- Treasures: 1482 to the Digital Age features objects from the Leventhal Map Center’s cartographic collections, which is made up of 200,000 maps and 5,000 atlases dating from the 1480s to the present.
Visit the Leventhal Map Center online at maps.bpl.org.