1. Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 56. A slight chance of showers in the evening, with a low around 43.
2. The annual Boston Marathon exposition, which attracts 75,000 people in a three-day weekend, has been moved from the Hynes Convention Center to the World Trade Center in the waterfront. The National Catholic Educators apparently takes precedent over the Boston Athletic Association, although attempts by news outlets to obtain the policy have gone unanswered. CBS has the story.
3. Today will hang three blue and gold banners from its tower overlooking the finish line of the Boston Marathon. A fourth banner hanging in our entry way will bless the athletes in the words of the biblical prophet Isaiah: “May you run and not grow weary, walk and not faint” (Isaiah 40.31).
The banners are 30 feet long by six feed wide, and will fly through through Marathon Monday, weather permitting. As the first athletes turn onto Boylston Street on Monday, Old South’s Great Bell will announce their approach, and ring the winners across the finish line announcing their accomplishment with proper pomp and ceremony.
4. Vibram, featuring the FiveFingers "minimalist" glove-style sports shoe, will open at 292 Newbury St. on Saturday - just in time for the Marathon. also plans a strategic opening of their 'experience store' on Friday.
5. With sports on the brain, what's the best sports shop in Back Bay? There's a lot to choose from, so in our weekly Readers' Choice Best of the Patch poll. We'll declare the winner on Friday.