1. What's better than cupcakes? Cinco de Mayo cupcakes. is getting in on the Mexican holiday with a special Cocoa Picante cupcake made with Sweet's rich chocolate cake infused with jalapeno slivers, topped with buttercream laced with cayenne and chili powder. Hot!
2. The Esplanade is holding a community fun day - just because - with games, family yoga, photographer classes and more. Stop by between 2 - 4 p.m. and take advantage of the good time.
3. The Boston Pops kicks off the spring season on May 11 and, to compliment a special tribute to Judy Garland on Opening Night, audience members are encouraged to dress as their favorite Sound of Music character. The first 20 patrons who enter the doors dressed in character will be invited to sing from the stage of Symphony Hall, accompanied by Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops Orchestra, and leading the audience in the incredibly popular Sound of Music Sing-Along.
4. You can't go wrong with good, cheap apps, and Stella in the South End is now serving them for $5 from 4 - 6 p.m. every weekday. The restaurant also extended it's hours by opening at 4 p.m. Those hours make us happy.
5. Weather: Cloudy skies early early on, with a few showers later in the day. A high of 54 degrees.