1. Art Institute exhibit: The Art Institute of Boston's centennial is being celebrated in a new exhibition at the Boston Public Library, opening March 22. The Art Institute of Boston: Celebrating 100 Years showcases prints, drawings, and photographs by talented faculty and students. Dating from 1949 to 2012, all of the prints, drawings, and photographs in the exhibition are part of Boston Public Library’s collection of works on paper by artists with ties to Boston. The exhibit closes June 29.
2. Educator award: The nominations for the annual Boston Educators of the Year awards are now open and will be accepted until April 11. The awards recognize outstanding teachers, paraprofessionals, guidance counselors, school nurses and other educators who have made a unique contribution to their students, their classrooms, and their schools. Forms can be found here. Please submit nominations to BostonEducator@cityofboston.gov.
3. Disaster volunteer training: The Red Cross is offering a free, one-day training course for those interested in becoming disaster volunteers. Classes combine multiple disaster-related courses, and will be held in Cambridge on Saturdays starting in April. Please visit EasternMassRedCross.org or here for more information and to sign up.
4. Add your events: Do you have a great event coming up at your organization or business? If it's happening right here on Beacon Hill, add it to the events calendar! I feature great events every single day in the daily email update, on the homepage and on social media, so add yours to the mix and help get the word out to Beacon Hill residents about what's happening in their neighborhood. Click here to add an event.
5. Likely snow: Overnight snow is expected to continue throughout the morning, possibly turning into rain just before noon. Rain is expected to let up in the evening.