1. NABB tree sale: The Neighborhood Association of the Back Bay its annual Christmas tree sale at Clarendon Street Playground this Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Freshly cut balsam fir trees from Maine will be for sale and local delivery is available. Proceeds from the sale will benefit NABB and the Clarendon Street Playground. For further details, please contact the Neighborhood Association of the Back Bay office at 617-247-3961 or visit:www.nabbonline.com.
2. Sad news: A 23-year-old bicyclist was struck and killed in an accident with a tractor trailor truck on Commonwealth Avenue Thursday at 8:30 a.m. near St. Paul Street across from Boston University's Agganis Arena. Police said an 18-wheeler truck was making a right-hand turn onto St. Paul Street when the cyclist and the truck collided. Police have not released the name of the man killed in the crash.
3. Filming downtown: Those film crews you may have seen near the Boston Common and Public Garden, or along Beacon Street? They are shooting footage for an ABC Family series about reporters called Terminales.
4. Deck The House: You could win $100,000 for Boston Public Schools, and $500 for your utility bill, just by snapping a photo of your holiday decorations and uploading it here.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly cloudy day with a high near 46 degrees. There's a 30 percent chance of rain.
Want the day's headlines delivered straight to your inbox? Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.