1. Local beauty business: Bona Clara, a new skincare start-up based in downtown crossing, is looking for entrepreneurial-minded people to join their team. Meet and mingle with them to find out more Tuesday from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at 21st Amendment, 150 Bowdoin St. Find out more here, and RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-250-7957.
2. Ice skating show: Ice Skating@Kendall Square presents the 7th Annual Holiday on Ice on Dec. 15. Free admission runs from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. At 2 p.m. Frozen Frog Productions will present a free Holiday on Ice show, featuring world-class skaters that have performed across the globe with Disney on Ice, Holiday on Ice, and Skating with The Stars. After the show is over the public will be welcomed back out on the ice to meet and skate with the performers.
3. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay is looking for volunteer mentors and also accepts donations to support their programs. As a Big Brother or Big Sister, you spend time with a young person from the area for a few hours, a couple times each month. For more information on how to volunteer or donate to BBBSMB, visit http://www.bbbsmb.org/GetInvolved/Default.aspx.
4. Let's review: Did you miss any news in the Back Bay last week? Check out our Week in Review.
5. Warm and rainy: The forecast is calling for highs in the mid to upper 50s and showers all day long, increasing in intensity into the evening.