1. Mostly sunny today, with a high near 50. And the good weather continues through the weekend.
2. is this Saturday. With easily more than 500 participants, the fun starts at 10 a.m. at Lir Tavern. Runners in Santa hats and festive Speedos will do about a mile loop down Boylston and Newbury streets, freezing their behinds off for a good cause. Proceeds this year will support the Play Ball Foundation, which funds after-schools sports for Boston Public Schools.
3. will host a birthday party for it's canine ambassador, , Saturday at 11 a.m. Catie turns 10, and the celebration includes a reading of the book Catie Copley, followed by birthday cake (for humans) and special snacks for Catie’s canine friends. The reading and birthday party are free and open to the public and have become a holiday tradition for many.
4. The holidays can be a tough time for many people. We've enlisted Rev. Dr. Don Wells, Theologian-in-Residence at Old South Church, to answer some of your questions next week. The Reverend will be checking the site often on Monday to Wednesday, and answering the questions you leave in the comments section of an article that will post Monday morning. Don't be shy! He's assured us that he's ready to tackle your questions, however grandiose or trivial they may seem.
5. Win $100K for Boston schools by decorating your home for the holidays. Enter our for a chance to win.