1. It's the first day of summer and what better way to celebrate than a trip to the Boston Harbor Islands. And it gets better, today is Free Ferry Day, which means you can travel to either George's or Spectacle Island for free. Ferries depart from the Long Wharf North Ferry Center every half hour between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
2. The Friends of Copley Square are also hosting the second annual, where participants can get an exclusive walking tour of five of Copley Square's historical and architectural landmarks. Tickets are $125 per person, and all proceeds go toward the non-profit, which is dedicated to preserving and maintaining the square.
3. Starting July 1, the Boston Public Library won't mail you late notices, according to the BPL Facebook page. They'll be by email and phone only. Update your BPL account with an email if you haven't already.
4. Don't forget to stop by the , which runs on Tuesdays and Fridays. There's more fresh produce and local goods every week as the growing season gets underway.
5. Weather: Still not quite a beach day, but sunny and 78 degrees ... we'll take it.