1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a rainy day with a high of 61. The evening will be rainy too, with a low of 53.
2. Palaces for the People: Guastavino and America's Great Public Spaces: MIT and the BPL have teamed up to present the first exhibition on the Gustavo Company. The father and son duo of Rafael and Rafael Gustavo Jr. have contributed to the design and construction of over a thousand buildings in the U.S. including the BPL, Ellis Island, and Grand Central Station. This event runs from September 28, 2012 to February 24, 2013.
3. Berklee Jazz Festival: Geri Allen and Joanne Brackeen team up to deliver a unique jazz show at the Berklee Performance Center at 7:30 p.m. Cost of admission is $20.
4. THIS WEEKEND: ICA Play Date: Free for families on Saturday for children ages 6 to 12. Kids can work with local artists to make works of their own. This event runs from 10:00 a.m. to 4 p.m..
5. Mobfellas, Myster Café: “Mangia and murder mystery madness with Mobfellas at Riccardo’s Ristorante.” Italian dinner is served while performers figure out this murder mystery. Show starts at 7:30 p.m., cost of admission is $49.95.