1. Today will be sunny, with a high of 73. The evening will be partly cloudy, with a low around 56 and a chance of showers after 2 a.m.
2. On Tuesday at 1 p.m. there will be free cancer screenings at Mass Eye and Ear for Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Awareness Week. Screenings are open to the public, but spaces are limited. To reserve your spot, call 617-573-4084. Information is also available at www.MassEyeandEar.org.
3. It's time for spring cleaning, and the city's annual leaf and yard waste collection. Put them on the curb at 7 a.m. on your recycling day from April 30 to May 25. Here are more details from the city.
4. Next week is also National Work Zone Awareness Week, the Massachusetts State Police will station additional officers at up to 24 state highway work zones in all regions of the Commonwealth during the week. During the past two years, more than 70 crashes were reported at Massachusetts work sites involving a state trooper or police cruiser. The state Work Zone Awareness program kicked off in November 2011 and has already resulted in more than 3,000 speeding citations at work zones, along with 400 drivers cited for not wearing seat belts and 75 cited for aggressive driving.
5. Are you in a band? Today is your last chance to region-wide Patch contest. It looks like it's going to be a fun competition, so if you want to participate, email email@example.com.