1. Festival of Lights: Tonight is the fifth of Hanukkah's eight nights. Gov. Patrick will mark the occasion by participating in the Boston Menorah Lighting in Copley Square, Dartmouth Street Side, at 5 p.m.
2. Caroling on Beacon Hill: Come join in the holiday spirit with festive caroling outside the door of the Church on the Hill chapel, 140 Bowdoin St., from 12-1 p.m. today. Enjoy tasty seasonal treats of hot chocolate, cookies and cider sing along to hymns both old and new.
3. Government Center meeting: The MBTA will hold a public meeting today to address the planned two-year closure in September 2013 of Government Center Station. The meeting will be held from 5:30-7 p.m. in conference rooms B, C and D, Floor 2, at 100 Cambridge St.
4. Calling all Patriots fans: New England Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker will be at the FedEx Office at 1370 Beacon Street in Brookline to meet fans and media from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a cloudy day with a high near 48. There is a chance of rain. The evening will clear up and drop to about 29.